Friday, April 13, 2007

Calling All Bloggers--MS150 PSA

As mentioned in the previous post, I am just over a week out from the MS150. But of course, everything is bigger here in Texas. In addition to being the largest cycling fundraiser on the planet, our little bike ride from Houston to Austin is 150 Texas miles--which to you non-Texans equates to 180 real miles or (for you friends of the North country) about 290 "K's." My tri-bruddah, Triboomer, is going to be my wingman as we attempt the entire ditance "iron style," -- all in one day. I am riding in honor of my wife, who has Multiple Sclerosis.

For you, this means two things:

1. Pony up. If you are inclined to support a really wonderful charity that uses it's money to help real MS patients and to fund real research, hit the fundraising link in the sidebar and be as generous as you can. My own wife is taking effective medications that did not exist 10 years ago. Every little bit helps, and many many thanks to all the bloggy peeps who have already donated.

2. Cowboy (or Cowgirl) up. We need more WINGMEN. The official ride is closed, but if you want to ride the second half of the ride with us, shoot me an e-mail and I'll tell you where to meet us on the afternoon of April 21. I will SUCK YOUR WHEEL all the way to the Texas capital, ply you with beer, and generally have a grand time.

6 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

I just tossed a few bucks at a buy in NYC whose girlfriend has MS and who is doing some walk. He is not the most *ahem* athletic guy I know so I asked him how far he is walking. He told me they usually walk a couple of miles and then go have a nice brunch.

I am much happier supporting your uber K ride. Ride strong! Were I in your 'hood I'd come help you out.

Born To Endure said...

I just did the pony thing...
I sooo wish I could ride with you guys down there...i'm jealous!!

Triteacher said...

I just tried to do the pony thing but got an "Unexpected Database Error" message... (damn, my credit card's itching!)

Will try again later.

tri-mama said...

Oh I wish I could ride with you too! Tac will sip some scotch by the campfire in your honor-go get em guys!

Unknown said...

I just tried to donate but I'm getting the same website error as triteacher. Help, please! Must... donate... now!

Unknown said...

Damn--have a photo shoot so I'll be riding early, but I's love to meet you and Boomer for a drink upon your victorious entrance into Austin! Best of luck and may the wind be at your back!