Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Failure Pile

Now, don't get me wrong. It's not as if I never cook when the wife is around. If any non-microwave cooking is being done chez Greyhound, it is better than even money that I'm the one doing it.

HOWEVAH, when it's only me around the house, one just looks around and wonders, "why go to all that trouble?" As a result, my nutrition has been slipping. I've gone from vacation food to eating last-minute-already-prepared-crap at home, drinking a leetle bit too much alcohol, and becoming way too friendly with the erstwhile gallon of vanilla bean ice cream in the freezer. Add to that the feeling of being entitled to eat ANYTHING I D*MN WELL PLEASE after finishing a century in the mouth of the dragon, and you have the perfect storm of a nutritional melt-down.

Notwithstanding iron-distance training, I have even discovered an extra layer of filth starting to gather just above my waist band. This will not stand.

I am in the process of changing that, utilizing trips to the farmer's market and whole foods to get yummy good stuff to fill that black hole formerly known as my stomach. However, if you ever have that post-training feeling of entitlement to fast food, I offer the following video as a public service. This should put you off American cuisine for awhile.

(Parental Advisory: the language is coarse, but it is funny as hellllllo, . . . well it's really funny).

9 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

ahhh...memories of my former self :-)I have a hard time believing that you are packing on a couple of pounds. You are a bonified calorie-burning machine!!

21stCenturyMom said...

He says that like there's something wrong with it. I don't understand.

Bigun said...

Moms used to make Shepards Pot Pie, same thing, with gound beef - so it's even worse for you, but who knew 30 years ago? mmmmmmm....shepards pot pie....sprinkle some paprika on top of the baked mashed potatoes...that was some awesome stuff! Mom used to use mixed veggies...

Andra Sue said...

"When it's only me around the house, one just looks around and wonders, "why go to all that trouble?" As a result, my nutrition has been slipping.

Oh my. We are SO twins right now. :(

Too bad we don't live closer, we could do an absent spouse cooking coop!!!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

ah, yeah. feeling fat - except they tell me fat isn't a feeling. How about chubby?

fluffy?

I tagged you, senor.

Michelle said...

That was funny. We are baaaad eaters here is America, but it sure tastes good!

Fe-lady said...

Oh dear...hubby and I have switched from putting spaghetti and sauce/mushrooms/chicken on our plates to putting it in big bowls...oh my god, we have joined the ranks of middle America! yikes.
Can't say I go to KFC tho....so I am somewhat "better"-hmm?
(Thank god we exercise I guess)
Thanks for the laugh!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I put on 10 pounds this summer. Friends helpfully suggest "muscle gain". I must have one muscular ass and thighs, because that's where the pants are getting tight...

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

By the way, the first time I saw the commercial for the KFC bowls I had two thoughts:
1. That is completely and utterly disgusting.
2. They're gonna make a million buck off them.