Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Five Days: Conditions Are Perfect

So, my last marathon, in Florida, was a hot and humid, Equatorial Guinean death march over four hours twenty minutes long.

Thirty minutes slower than my PR.

And then the next week they ran the Houston Marathon in perfect conditions where I KNOW I could have PR'd, had I not just flogged myself in Disneyworld.

But I haven't been obsessing about the weather.

Much.

Or long.

Sersly. I only checked it 8 days before.

And seven.

And six.

And I only checked here.

And here.

And here.

Looks like the consensus is for cold temps at the gun, right about 40 degrees, with highs no more than the lower 60s.

Meaning it should be no warmer than the mid 50s when I finish.

By 10:40 a.m. or earlier.

Conditions are perfect. It's Business Time.

4 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Finally-some great race conditions. This is going to be so exciting!!

SWTrigal said...

Perfect race conditions-good luck!

Trisaratops said...

Absolutely PERFECT!

You're gonna rock it.

CoachLiz said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Looks like the same conditions I saw in San Antonio. I know exactly how to dress. I'm ready...It's business time!

That was so freaking funny.