Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day One


Today is day one.

Nope. Not day one of the new administration getting to work.

It is day one of Trigreyhound 4.0, a version that the developers say will be better, faster, and more powerful. But there's nothing like "day one" of a new project to make you feel like you've got your work cut out for you. Your desired result is "here" . . . . and you . . . . . are waaaaaaaaay . . . . . . . .





over . . . . .








. . . . wait for it . . .







here.


Athletic? Funny? Intelligent? Not. So. Much.

Like today--the first day back in the pool. It didn't feel as foreign as the first day of grown up swim lessons four years ago, but I sure didn't start out feeling fishlike. Skinny chick pace girl even haunted the swim because everything still hurt so much. But, I committed to an hour in the water, and an hour is what I did. Then, I ingored the sweet, smokey smell of bacon, and instead of the breakfast tacos I so wanted to consume, I opted for two cups of Trigreyhound's Miracle Museli (TM). (Go ahead, ask for the recipe). There will be no skimping on nutrition this time.

At least on day one.

There are all kinds of new things I'll be rolling out over the next couple of weeks to help make that journey. And I hope to be blogging all the way through to entertain you as well as myself. In the mean time, time will tell whether version 4.0 will have the hip design and ease of use of a Mac, or whether it runs like a pirated Vista knock-off. We'll know on November 29, the day of the Big Dance, Ironman Cozumel. As painful as that last marathon was, my next marathon will include a weeeee bit of a warmup act.

4 comments:

Kim said...

ummm heck yeah youre athletic smart and funny!!! and you and i both are starting a new and improved journey towards IMCOZ...gonna do everything in my power to have a better race than IMLP - injury free!

21stCenturyMom said...

Oh for crying out loud you have complete 2 Ironman races and are training for a 3rd. You do the MS-150 every year only you don't take 2 days - you do it in 1. You have run how many marathons? Not athletic PU-LEEZ!

I won't embark on well deserved scolding regarding your assessment of you intellect and wit but just know this - I could!

Carry on!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Bacon isn't nutritious? What?!!!

CoachLiz said...

Are we sticking to the good nutrition when we go out to dinner with the families on Saturday?