Friday, July 13, 2007

Prologue--MAKE IT A TRIPLE

Well, my peoples. My fine, fine peoples. Tomorrow we saddle up with the Prairie Dawg Leader (whose voice I have borrowed for this post) for a heaping triple helping of hypoxic lusciousness known as the Triple Bypass.

We'll do a little of this

juniper

on Juniper Pass.

Then we'll do a little of this

Loveland

on Loveland Pass.


Lastly, we'll do a little of this
vail 2

Vail 1

on Vail Pass.

120 miles and over 10,000 feet of verticle gain.

But who's counting?

Of course, when you're riding with Prairie Dawg Leader, costuming and the concomittant statement of intent is everything. So, all the appropriate appendages are shaved smoothe (inappropriate appendages staying as they were intended to stay) and I gots myself a new cycling Jersey that looks like this:


Back in Black

At the end of tomorrow, I'll either be a slightly more refined form of iron, or I'll be a mushy puddle of canine doo doo alongside some Colorado byway.

Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Bigun said...

a) warry, warry nice! love the jersey!

2) There are no inappropriate places to shave.

III) Great job talking Kahuna into IMCdA -

d) Bike hard this weekend!

Carrie said...

E) all of the above- plus a 'can't wait to cheer for you tomorrow'

21stCenturyMom said...

The pictures never do the pitch justice, do they?

Rock on with your bad self and have a great ride! Ditto to the PDL.

And here I thought Carrie was riding, not cheering.

Unknown said...

Go, Greyhound, Go!

(So appropriately dressed for hangin' with the P-Dawg Leader!)

Trisaratops said...

Have FUN!!!

Say HI to my girl TriShannon for me! She's my partner in crime.

I'll tell you what I just told her...you will LAUGH at the "hills" of Wisconsin after completing that Triple Bypass. Seriously. MONEY. IN. DA. BANK.

:)

Spokane Al said...

Terrific mountain passes, great company and a cool bike jersey.

Just stay off the highway to hell and skip the exit to Sin City and you will be doing the bad boy boogie in no time!

The Stretch Doc said...

totally awesome new Jersey!!

Have fun and remember.. Breath Deeeeeeepppppp!

rockon`

Laurie said...

Love the jersey!

Have fun tomorrow!

Sascha said...

We were supposed to shave?! Crap! You guys forgot to tell me! And it's true, there IS no inappropriate place for hair removal!

Amy said...

Want. That. Jersey.

Have fun climbing. And climbing some more. And then climbing until you bleed from the eyes.