Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Greyhound: This Is You

No need to be alarmed. No injuries. No crisis of confidence. I just got out of bed this morning for my bike ride--allegedly a tempo ride--and there was no tempo.

As Scotty was wont to say, **Scottish Accent Inserted Here*** "We've gaught na' power-r-r-r-r-r, cap'n."

And I think my massage therapist was heard to say, "Dammit, Jim. I'm a therapist, not a miracle worker."

The bike last weekend was no problem--been doing a bit of biking lately. The swim--no sweat.

But it's been awhile since I've tied on a 3 hour run. And it's been even longer since I could recover from a 3 hour run with just one day off.

So, it's off to the pool for tonight, and we'll see what the legs give me for a tempo run tomorrow.

Maybe I need some of those dilithium crystals or something. Beam me up.

7 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Race Day will be a breeze after this Peak Phase!

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Who cares about tempo runs when you have a shiny PR under your belt?! This may be out of place, but what did your "tempo runs/bikes" look like 5 months ago? Were they faster than they are now? I rest my case (I think).

The Stretch Doc said...

dude your cookn it!!

you've been rockn for a while now.. keep it up!

rockon`

tri-mama said...

Rest is good. Both for the soul and the legs. We miss you too- but as your countdown clock indicates, it's only a matter of time....

Bill said...

Damn I know that feeling all too well.

Excellent long brick this past Saturday, Sunday was a recovery day, Monday was a short (30 min) Zone 1 run, then this morning was a 50 min tempo run in Zone 4-5a. That run felt real good.

Then the ride this afternoon was just not happening. I slogged it out for the 75 minutes, but the legs just weren't having it.

Maybe I should've pumped in a bag of blood. ;)

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

oh yeah - me too.

Time for (Say it with me): Recovery Week!

Iron Pol said...

I took a peek at some of the upcoming training, just to keep the misses informed. Next Saturday made me want to cry, so Louisville must be getting really close. And that means Wisconsin is getting close, too.

All the tough days will pay off in a few short weeks.