Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Epic Day

July 5 is going to be an epic day. After a bit of a swim, I'll start my brick workout by riding with a buddy from Breckenridge over Vail Pass and down to Vail Village, thence to run off the bikes at 7000 feet above sea level, like the Irondog wannabe that I am.

But that's not the only reason July 5 is epic. Far from it. Two very famous and influential people were born on July 5. Least in importance is Huey Lewis, who is playing for your enjoyment in the sidebar. Best of all though, TriSaraTops, Mommy-Z-To-Be, is having her birthday.

Go see the Coolest Mom On The Planet and give her some birthday love.

4 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

LOL ... this is my cell phone ring :) always comes to mind the American Psycho scene when he explains their entire collection.

Trisaratops said...

Aw shucks! Thanks, Dogg. :)

And you even got me some Huey! Mad lurve for ya.

Enjoy your ride!

Jane said...

That's sounds so nice - fresh mountain air, Douglas firs, awesome views. Have a good time!

drbubba said...

Back in a previous life, I was a rock n roll roadie, and I did several shows with Huey Lewis and the News.

One was at a club in Temple, Texas. I'll never forget this, but the local radio station showed up to take Huey to his interview in a VW van. Without air conditioning. In central Texas during the summer.

Huey just rolled down the window, and stuck his elbow out of the door. Hillarious, and a very cool dude.

Enjoy the mountains of Colorado!