Friday, March 30, 2007

Cheating on the Instant Messenger

Ok, so I need your best advice. I have a friend, and she has a problem. And I can't decide what to do. I'll do my best to preserve her confidences.

See, say there was a certain person, who was your friend. And say that this certain person was married to a certain other person, who is also your friend.

And say that certain person told you something, in confidence. See, that certain person has a weakness, an addiction really, that isn't really good for that certain person. And you know that certain other person would not want that certain person engaging in conduct involving that addiction. But that certain person was cheating on that certain other person.

See that certain person told you that they had engaged in that addiction just then and felt that she had carte blanche to cheat because the certain other person did not know.

I mean, that certain person has goals and potential, but that certain person just keeps falling to this addiction, and I feel dirty not telling that certain other person that his this certian person is cheating and telling me about it.

I mean, I should tell that certain other person, right? Wouldn't you?

8 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Thanks for ruining our lives. Before I read this post, I was living a charmed life. Now I learn that my wife is cheating on me with omega-3 enriched cage-free chocolate eggs? How am I supposed to react to this?

greyhound said...

Truth, my bruddah. Truth and grace.

Unknown said...

how you going to try to mess with my marriage when benny's got the flu??? you're heartless man, HEARTLESS.

oh, and you'll pay. i don't know how i'm going to do it, but i'm going to turn YOU into a cadbury egg. so help me god.

greyhound said...

Greyhound is already a tiny morsel of chocolatey goodness filled with sweet delight.

Carrie said...

Are you sure this is a secret?

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Who needs American Idol when there's this kind of entertainment out there?

Stay tuned...

Bolder said...

oh my

the wrath of Jack Bauer.

prepare thy fortress Greyhound, and click the safety...

Fe-lady said...

Just don't tell the "certain person" that Cadbury makes double-chocolate easter rabbits now too...or maybe she already knows! (sigh!)