Sunday, April 02, 2006

Ever Feel Like You're Being Watched?

So I'm watching the Tour of Flanders like the wigged out cycle-geek that I have become, and I hear:

"DAD! LANCE IS ON NICK! THE KID'S CHOICE AWARDS!"

So screamed the greyhound puppy, an 8-year-old girl who just learned how to ride her own bike last year. She shouted downstairs because she knew I would want to see Lance. She new I would want to see Lance because she has seen Mr. and Mrs. Greyhound watch the Tour since she can remember. She new I would want to see Lance because she knows I ride a bike too (much MUCH slower than Lance) with my friends.

She does not miss much, that pup. Hopefully, she's picking up the love for activity and play that is around her. Hopefully she makes it a part of her life as we play together. Hopefully, I don't show off my selfish, surly pack leader side more than I should Nevertheless, for good or for ill, dads are being watched. God, help me not to screw this up.

No comments: