Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Greyhound's California Adventure


Hey, peeps! I know from the website info that I have at least a few readers in Southern California from time to time. Well, I'm coming your way the latter part of this week.

And there was much rejoicing.

I know that's not exactly "stop the presses" material, especially since the LA Times is hardly in the "press" business any more, but I will be doing some training whilst in the area, balanced around full days of law nerd conferencing and business getting.

I am staying in La Jolla and thinking of bringing my wetsuit in the event that some folks with local knowledge might show me a safe place for an open water group swim.

I hear there's a relatively big body of open water immediately west of my hotel. I'm all over the local intelligence that way.

So, if there are any geeky tri-blogger types out there, maybe someone affiliated with the San Diego Triathlon Club, who could get me in on a group run or group open water swim or the slow lane of a masters work out, leave me a comment or e-mail me at trigreyhound at yahoo dot com.

On the other hand, I hear Macca is in Southern California right now, and we're totally tight Facebook friends, so maybe I'll "poke" him as well. Surely he's lost so much fitness in three weeks that I can hang with him, right?

4 comments:

Fe-lady said...

There are always tons of people swimming at the cove in La Jolla-I am sure you can hook up with someone! Just watch out for the sea lions!

Trishie said...

Ha, have fun training with Macca ;)

BreeWee said...

ha ha.,... yeah, enjoy your ride with Macca.... tooo funny, see you soon in Mexicoooooo! Thanks for the nice comment too :)

Coach Liz said...

Aww, this means I have to train on my own this weekend? I'm more fun than Macca!