Friday, October 12, 2007

WWND

That's the question I had occasion to ask myself last night. "What would Nytro do?"

Memo to self: if you find yourself asking that question, be afraid. Be very afraid.

You see, because of the nature of the type of law that I practice, I don't have occasion to travel that much or to engage in client/business-related boondoggles. In fact, I am pretty much confined to my office where I wear an ankle bracelet and am rarely permitted any human contact.

But, this week, the firm had a retreat for the group of partners of which I am a part, involving two days at a resort with free food of the decadent and heavy variety, free drinks of the premium alcohol variety, and a hospitality suite.

Free.Drinks.

Free.

Scotch.

Don't get me wrong; it wasn't all debauchery. I rolled out for a hilly six mile run yesterday morning, and rode a very hilly 30 mile ride with colleagues in the afternoon heat. I was also in bed by 11 o'clock.

HOWEVAH, there was that interval between 6 and 11 in which I consumed more free alcohol in a day than I typically consume in a lightweight, former teetotaller fortnight.

I was having fun, making business connections, and after all, "what would Nytro do?" Nytro would raise the flag high and get her mojito on.

But then this morning I tried to roll out to go to the gym for a strength workout.

Not.So.Much.

Is this what they call an offseason?

I hate everyone.

14 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I find a two mile run can do wonders for negating the effects of getting one's mojito on (although a step over two miles is bad news :-)

No Wetsuit Girl said...

"I hate everyone". That's usually a sign of a hangover, not an off season.

Lance Notstrong said...

You worked hard this year, nothing wrong with boozing it up one night :-)

Scotch though? You need a manly drink like say.....an Appletini LOL!!! :-)

Unknown said...

i'm impressed.

well done, young grasshopper.

except, WWND? Clearly, your problems relate to your lack of mojito intake.

Let this be a lesson.

21stCenturyMom said...

Isn't WWND the question we all ask ourselves? Actually, when it comes to Mojitos the question I usually ask is, "could you please make me another?"

FunFitandHappy said...

LOL - at least you have colleagues you can cycle with :)

Taconite Boy said...

trying to feel sorry for you....

Wait.....

Nope

Bill said...

I.

Swear.

I'll.

Never.

Do.

That.

Again.

(until next time)


Like everything else in life, enjoy it for what it is. Now is the time to let your hair down.

Bigun said...

Was he kidding about the hair, or has he never seen a picture of the Greyhound?

Here I thought some aformentioned collegue zigged when he should have zagged, and you needed an apropos thwart befitting a menstrual Nytro. Since you've rolled out of bed throughly hating the world, it can be assumed that you did indeed WNWD (what Nytro would do...)

Bloody Marys always work for Mrs. Bigun.

Old and Slow said...

the problem is, with Nytro's blog locked to invitees only, the rest of us don't get access to her wisdom.

Tea said...

Yes, some of us are no longer privy to the sound advice.

HOWEVA, I seem to remember something about truffles. Until you manage to OD on truffles, no sympathy here.

Jane said...

you are funny. what does a bunch of drunk lawyers look like anyway?

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

you??? scotch??
Nytro would be proud.

Unknown said...

yo, grey... tell brian that if he wants access, he just has to ask. simply send me an email telling me how great i am, and offer to send me cookies for a year. you're golden.

latah.