Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spin Bike Zombie


What's that pain in my . . . oh yeah. Tailbone hurts. Bike wreck. [one click]

Wait a minute. Where am I? How did I get here? [one click]

I'm pedaling but, . . . this is some type of room. The lights are still dim, . . . there's music. Did I turn that on? There are bikes everywhere. Nobody here but me. The clock says 0505. [two clicks]

Why is there no coffee in this room? Hello? . . . . COFFEE! . . . uh. . . coffee? Humph. Water and e-gel. Maybe if I just close my eyes . . . [one click]

Nice. Dreamy U2 song . . . where the streets have no name . . . . ow ow ow ow quads . . . stand up. Breathe moron. [one click]

Song, another song, another song, click click click,

Hey, there are people coming in. They seem to know me. There's Coach T! Hi Coach T! Wait. My hand did not waive and nothing came out of my mouth. Who is that gnarly wasted looking dude in the mirror?

Clock says 0600. Why is Coach T shouting above the music? She wants me to pedal faster. But, I . . .

The lost spin class . . . .

Where am I? How did I get here? Where did this desk come from?

No comments: