Friday, July 24, 2009

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Eats Colorado

I'm trying to get back on the wagon.

Really, I am.

I'm shedding my Houston-get-it-done-yesterday-state-of-mind.

I'm shedding the unknown number of pounds of goo around my middle that comes from undisciplined eating.

(You know, if no one sees you eat it, the calories don't count. I have this on good authority).

I'm shedding the attitude that is all too willing to hypothesize about the meaninglessness of non-key workouts 4 months before an Ironman race.

And I'm trying to become un-pissed-off about UPS losing my bike, ripping off the luggage tag labels that were supposed to be unrippable, having it arrive two days late in a bike box where all four locks had been cut off and with a rear deraillure bent.

I need to find my pressure points. Woooo-Sah.

I need to eat more plants.

I need to eat less chocolate.

I need to ride my bike.

And I need my friends to show up here in Colorado as soon as physically possible so that cold nights can be properly spent over whiskey and beer doing absolutely nothing.

I am so glad I'm here. And now that my bike has joined me, let's find some Iron and get ride of this gut.


Wendy said...

Sounds like a plan! (Although I'm not so sure about the chocolate business ...)

Fe-lady said...

But...but...YOU are the quinoa black bean god! Aren't you? Soft middle? You? No way!

With all those workouts and pre-dawn hours spent on the bike before the office?

I've been bamboozled! (wah!)

Brent Buckner said...

If it would be of assistance, I will be outraged at UPS on your behalf.

No need to thank me, I'm here to help.

CoachLiz said...

OMG!!! Now you have me freaked out about what condition my bike will show up in via FedEx.

I am packing my stuff today and I will be there soon!